Like any other service provider, in discord also you cannot create multiple accounts with one email address.
Don’t be scared as you might be thinking my account is hacked or claimed by someone else. Hopefully NO ... let me explain why this error occurred. You might have clicked on sign up or register a new account by mistake. It happens.
When you enter the same email with an intention to sign in you will get this error by discord as you have already created an account with this email.
Therefore if you get an error of “email is already registered” it means this email has been already registered with a discord account either by you or someone else. So let’s see how to fix this problem.
Follow the below instructions step by step
- Open Discord website in the “Incognito mode” of your browser as this needs to be done on the discord web mode with no cache.
- If you are using Chrome, click on the 3 dots at the very right-hand top and then choose Incognito mode from the drop-down options.
- Click on Login ( that is on the very right-hand top) and this will take you to the discord login screen.
- Now type your email for which you are having trouble and then click on “Forget your password” which is just below the Password box.
- This might take you to the captcha verification page. Click on I am Human and then you will see a small pop that says “Instructions sent” and your email address.
- Now open your same email account and check the password reset link send by discord. If you can’t find it on Inbox, don’t forget to check your spam folder as well.
- Once you click on Reset Password this will redirect you to the discord website again.
- This box will say Change your Password and give a box to enter the new password. Make sure you create a strong password that should not be easy to guess and you can remember.
Once done click on Change Password and now you need to login to discord account with the same email and a new password that you just created.