The chat feature allows webinar attendees, the host, co-hosts and panelists to communicate for the duration of the webinar.
Whether attendees can chat with everyone or only the host will depend on the settings that the host has selected.
Using DESKTOP computer?
Here's a video tutorial showing you how.
As an attendee in the webinar, you can chat with other attendees, panelists (including the host), depending on what chat permissions the webinar host has allowed.
- In your controls at the bottom window, click or tap Chat .
- When you click on chat, the chat window will appear. It will be on the right if you are not in full screen. If you are in full screen, it will appear in a window that you can move around your screen.
- Type your message and press Enter to send it.
- You can also select who you would like to send the message to by clicking on the drop down next to To.
- When you receive a chat message, you will receive a notification at the bottom of your screen if you do not currently have the chat window open.
- If the host has disabled Attendee chat, you will still be able to view messages sent by the host and other panelists.
Are you using MOBILE or SMARTPHONE?
Currently, it is not possible to completely disable chat using your mobile phone.
You can learn more about using Zoom by visiting their help desk here.